Monday, November 30, 2009

Strangely Adventurous


strangeadventures, originally uploaded by zeebeekyoo.

This is by far my favorite all-time custom print. I did these sweaters for Cal & co. @ Strange Adventures Comic Shop, only the most amazing comic store east of Montreal, last summer, and was pretty happy with the results. I think Cal probably still has some of these left, swing by 5262 Sackville Street the next time you're in downtown Halifax and check it out!


So I've been looking for a job. Yeah, you know. It sucks. "The only thing worse than having a job...". But damn it, I need to make some money, and like it or not, the shirt biz slows down a lot in this town from pretty much now until April or May. Last year I was on pogey ("employment insurance", whatever that means), so that was enough to get through. But this year I've got nothing- yet. And it's gotten kind of bad lately. Mr. Noodle ain't lookin' quite so disagreeable these days, nah mean? But I think I'll be alright. That is, if I can gets a jorb. Any offers? I was a bicycle courier for many moons, though at 39 I don't know if that's a career choice any longer. Worked a lot of kitchens, warehouses, one car wash, drove cab for a while, delivered bread at 4am, delivered a baby (ha jk but I had you there for a second but i did deliver a breast implant once in vancouver), um, then there was that screen printing thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment