Thursday, November 12, 2009

My name is Jason and I print t-shirts in my garage.

Well, for the last few days I have, anyway.

Woah, I hate to to interrupt, but I just had a pretty funny thing happen to me. I removed my glasses to attempt to clean them with my greasy t-shirt, and when I put them back on it suddenly seemed that my right eye was no longer seeing clearly through them. In fact, with my left eye closed, I could no longer focus on the words I was typing. I started to panic. Had the sight in my right eye gotten that much worse and I somehow hadn't noticed until now? Was I, in fact, in the early stages of going blind in that eye? More panic. Glancing down for a moment, I noticed the right lens that I had popped out of the frame, lying on my lap.

So yeah. This is the brand new Zero T-Shirts blog, for the brand new Zero T-Shirts web site that I just launched a couple of weeks ago. Fancy that. Though maybe "launch" is a little dramatic, because at this point it's just one little web page (anyone remember when people used to say "Check out my web page" instead of "site"? Back then, in the 1900s, many web sites were basically just one page that would scroll on for like 2 miles). But it's going to have a lot more bells and whistles very soon, lemme tell ya, including an extensive gallery of the stuff I've printed over the last 11 years or so.

Yeah, I've been doing this t-shirt thing for a while now. I mean I'm 39 years old (with 40 starting to tailgate) and I first started printing t-shirts in my bedroom when I was 13 or 14. Maybe that's a stretch, because those shirts were hand painted for myself (you couldn't get cool band shirts in LeQuille Nova Scotia in 1983). But I made a lot of them, and sometimes I made them for my friends. I think the first one was either The Alarm, Adam and the Ants or "Punk's Not Dead." Damn I wish I had pictures of all of those, because some of them were truly hilarious.

When I was 24 I bought an old heat press, and that kind of changed everything. But maybe I should back up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment